What questions should be asked in a membership interview?
In addition to basic life details (marriage, job, etc), elders or pastors should ask prospective members:
- To explain how one became a Christian.
- To briefly explain the gospel.
- To describe what their life has been like since becoming a Christian, including any details of pastoral significance (e.g. divorce, addictions, church discipline, and so on).
- To describe how one was baptized (if the individual is transferring from another church).
- To speak briefly about how one has experienced the church so far.