Episode 12: On Small Groups
These days, small groups are quite common. But are they enough for community and accountability? What’s the best way to do small groups such that they don’t interfere with the regular Sunday gathering?
Mark and Jonathan discuss these questions and more in the latest episode of Pastors’ Talk. (Listen on iTunes.)
– Does Acts 2 describe small groups? (0:45)
– Is there a biblical precedent for small groups? (1:25)
– Is it new that churches build in their pastoring through small groups? (3:40)
– How much guidance should you give small groups? (6:40)
– What should small groups do? (10:40)
– Who should lead a small group? (12:00)
– Should non-members be in small groups? (13:30)
– Should small groups take the Lord’s Supper? (14:45)
– What do you say to the member who doesn’t really come to the Sunday gathering, but is very committed to their small group? (15:45)
* * * * *
Listen to the other episodes of Pastors’ Talk here.