What are the different “stations of life” a preacher should keep in mind when applying the text?
- Age. Speak to children, adults, and seniors.
- Marital status/family situation. What does your text say to singles, young couples, couples with grown children, barren couples, divorcees, single moms, widows, and so on?
- Employment. Does your text have any application for homemakers, for employers, for workaholics, for people who aren’t happy with their jobs, for the unemployed?
- Physical and financial status. Healthy and sick. Well-off and struggling to get by.
- Residence/Citizenship. Some of your hearers may be new to the area and some may be from another continent.