How should individual Christians partner with their local churches for missions?
- Become a member of a local church.
- Get to know the leaders of that local church.
- Make your desires known to those leaders. Invite them to evaluate your fitness for the work you desire to do based on your existing track record in ministry.
- Get to know the church’s overall vision for missions. Find out if there is any way for you to be directly involved with mission work the church is already supporting or is planning to begin.
- Don’t just ask for money. Maintain an ongoing, open relationship with the church and its leaders when you are on the field. Do what you can, especially when you are at home on furlough, to continually reconnect with the church as a whole.